Precision agriculture is a buzzword in the industry and essentially refers to technology, hardware and software systems that provide data to enhance decision-making, and if used properly, can help contribute to reduced waste, increased profits and yield, and protection of the environment.
The prediction is that number of active IoT devices will reach 30 billion by 2020. This means great opportunities and challenges for many manufacturers in a variety of industries.
Wireless sensor networks can be used to measure anything from temperature and humidity to Co2, therefore being applicable in a variety of industries such as agro- food, horticulture, greenhouse application and many other.
SAF Tehnika is venturing into smart metering terrain with the new product line Aranet. Aranet is an environmental internet of things (IoT) temperature, humidity and CO2 monitoring solution for a variety of businesses. The product line consists of two solutions – Aranet MINI for smaller site size applications, and the Aranet PRO for industrial-grade deployment.
Aranet consists of a base station and wireless sensors that are environmentally durable. Wireless sensors can be placed outdoors and exposed to high levels of humidity. The sensors measure temperature, humidity and CO2, and send data that can be analyzed with a help of a computer software.
The sensors have exceptionally low energy consumption that allows them to function up to 10 years without battery replacement. The user can add up to 100 sensors within at least 3 km/1.9 mi line-of-sight distance from the base station.
Aranet PRO comes with free software. An easy-to-use interface allows viewing, analyzing and comparing data in real time from a computer, tablet or even a smartphone.
Main user benefits:
- Long-receiving range of line-of-sight of minimum 3km/1.9mi between base station and the sensors
- Simple installation – savings on costly and time-consuming installation
- Remote data collection 24/7 – eliminates human error with manual data collection
- Easy to use systems – no long and exhausting equipment and software training
- Process optimization – new streams of data to improve decision-making
- Reduced maintenance cost – with the exceptionally long battery life of Aranet sensors there is no need for frequent maintenance
- Portability – devices can be moved when necessary without extra costs of installation or extensive planning
Visit aranet.com to learn more about SAF Tehnika’s newest product.