Ag-tech company Agrilyst has released its 2017 State of Indoor Farming report, which recaps how the industry grew in 2017 and provides an outlook for the future. In the report, the company dug into the benefits and challenges growers are seeing.
Here are the top five takeaways from the report:
1. Yields for hydroponic leafy greens grown in a greenhouse are about 12.6x that of conventionally grown lettuces.
2. Leafy greens grown hydroponically in a greenhouse can have a 46% profit margin.
3. 56% of the operating expenses of an indoor vertical farm are due to labor.
4. Automation topped the list of technologies growers are most excited about.
5. Container farms topped the list of technologies growers are least excited about.
Read more here